Friday, November 11, 2011

Foreign Cover Friday!

Foreign Cover Friday is a weekly meme hosted by The Reading Fever where foreign covers of the books we know and love are spotlighted and discussed. To join, either pick your favorite foreign cover, or pick many foreign covers, and start discussing!
This Weeks Featured Cover is:

The Hollow by Jessica Verday

Hardback English version
I hate to admit it, but the original is not my favorite! It feels to over the top. Too much make up, and the shiney effect makes it feel a little mermaid - esk to me. * This could be because I recently read a mermaid book..


 German Edition
"Warre Liebe ist unsterblich"
Translation: True love is immortal.
Now this one I LOVED. Slightly Haunting, highly romantic. Understated beauty. If it wasn't in German.. it would be mine. Doesn't totally fit the book. love it anyway.



                                               #1                                       #2

English Paperback Editions
While they do have a simplistic beauty to them.. it's almost.. too simplistic, at least for me. The left reminds me of something we could see on a Mass Market Paperback Romance. I needed just a little bit more.The right however fits quite well. The colors are haunting and a great match, plus it leaves you to picture the main character on your own, rather than having an image pushed on you.

What are your thoughts?! Do you have a favorite? Tell us why in the comments! Then look on the left side of the blog ( underneath the Visitor counter ) and answer in the Poll!

Haven't read the book? Check out my review : The Hollow Trilogy Review

6 comments:

  1. I definitely agree about the US version. Geesh, did they even read the book. I, however, like the understated English #2 where the lead is not pictured and left to our imagination. Especially since neither the US or German versions fit what I see in my head for the character. Still love the book no matter what the cover!! I am waiting for The Hidden to come in at the library!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I really like the English paperback editions. There's something about necklaces that gets me every time I see one on a cover. I agree with you on the US cover; it seems very overdone.

    I haven't read this book before, but now I'm interested. I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree fiestyrose, that it's nice not to have the character shows.. they never do get it dead right. I like #2 more than #1 @ Fiestyrose &Penelope. The colors and the feel of it do work. The first one just felt a little too pink and girly, and I didn't feel like it fit the feel of the book.

    Thanks for commenting and voting!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read this one. The necklace must be an important feature in the book? However, I agree with you that the hardback cover is too overdone and showy, and it looks like she's underwater or something... And the German one is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jazu, Yes it's pretty big deal :) I mean.. not huge. It's just part of the Romance between the two main Characters. Thanks for commenting!.. You should vote in the poll as well! I loved this story.. Light paranormal romance. But I also just loved the added details, The history of the town and the Legend. As well as The Jewelry Making.. oo and the Perfume making, Made me wish I could make my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That German cover is GORGEOUS. Oh my goodness! I completely agree with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !