Saturday, October 22, 2011

Entwined

“From a memory deep inside her, so faint it only held sounds and slips of color, a tiny, three-year-old Azalea wailed, "Papa."

In this retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses "Azalea and her younger sisters dance in the mysterious silver forest every night, escaping from the sadness of the palace and their father’s grief. What they don’t understand—although as time passes they begin to get an inkling of the danger they are in—is that the mysterious and dashing Keeper is tightening his snare with deadly purpose. Luckily, Azalea is brave and steadfast. Luckily, a handsome young army captain also has his eye on Azalea."

If you enjoy a good fairy tale. One full of beauty and compelling twists this is one to pick up. The interactions between the sisters will keep you laughing, and the descriptions of the dances the girls learn will have you thinking back to every ballet move you ever learned.

I found myself immersed in the lush and wondrous world that Heather Dixon created in Entwined. It gave me the fairytale I wanted, the mystery I craved, and the romance my bookworm self had been looking for. 


In a way.. you get a combination of fairy tales in this one. Magic Mirrors, and enchanted Teapot, ballroom dancing handsome men sweeping Princesses off their feet... a fun an mesmerizing combination!

Excuse me ... I have to go practice my Shwlswig curtsy now.. 

" Azalea's feet took over and she dipped into a curtsy before her mind fully realized it. It flowed from the balls of her feet to her fingertips in one rippled movement and a rustle of skirts. She disappeared into a poof of crinolines."

Rating: 4.5/5

You may also like






3 comments:

  1. This book took awhile for me to get into. It was slow and I did not like all the "dancing" content. However, once the middle of the book hit things came together quickly and I could not put it down. The Heroine was believable and the hero genuine. It also involved many characters which was a nice way to make the story more drawn and complete. Once again Bookworm, nice suggestion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiestyrose, Sorry you thought it slow to get into.. maybe it was easier for me to get immersed in because I enjoyed the dancing references? To each their own :) but supper glad you ended up enjoying it overall!, My gosh do I miss talking books with all my borders buddies.. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOVED this book. It was a perfect amalgamation of everything: a fairy tale, action, suspense, sisterhood, a bit of horror and wonderfully sweet romance!
    Not to mention the lovely heroines.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !